Monday, September 29, 2014

Yumday Monday

Most of us need a little cheering up on Mondays. It is the beginning of the school and/or work week and it is not fun to go back after a nice weekend. If you're anything like me that weekend was spent in drama land and who would want to leave that place? So, to cheer us all up a bit I decided to make Monday yumday. I'm going to feature a yummy man and a recipe I think suits him.

For my first yumday Monday we have Han Jung Soo who is acting as Secretary Ko in Blade Man. Jung Soo is doing an excellent job as Secretary Ko and has made me swoon multiple times. I just love him. He has also been in Arang and the Magistrate, Chuno, and Poseidon just to name a few. So without further ado, the yummy Han Jung Soo!


You're so sweet, Han Jung Soo! Flowers for me?


Obviously thinking about how much he misses me. 


Don't look at me with those eyes, Han Jung Soo!


I mean. What is my name again?


You're so awesome and you know it. Roar!

Now what dish reminds me of Han Jung Soo? When I look at him I picture him eating a lot of protein because he is so built. I imagine he doesn't eat a lot of sweets because he wants to take care of the muscles he worked so hard to get. But you know what? There are ways to indulge yourself without compromising your body, Han Jung Soo! To me Han Jung Soo seems like a sweet guy with some surprises up his sleeve so I present to you Deep-Dish Cookie Pie courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie. I have tried this recipe myself and it is awesome especially given the (surprise) fact that it is made with garbanzo beans. Who would have thought?


Ingredients

2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (500g total, once drained)
1 cup quick oats (or certified-gf quick oats)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar (EDIT: click for a Sugar-Free Cookie Pie.)
1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions

Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. (Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.)

I quote Chocolate Covered Katie, "Perhaps calling it “healthy” is a stretch. After all, there’s still sugar, and there are still chocolate chips. But in comparison to your standard cookie pie—with its plethora of butter, eggs, and white flour—the above version is a much healthier alternative, while still tasting just as naughty. Plus, you get lots of fiber and protein from the oats and chickpeas." Also, she has a recipe for a sugar free version as seen above.









No comments:

Post a Comment