Monday, October 6, 2014

Yumday Monday: Yeon Woo Jin


It's Monday again! Yay? To make us feel a little bit better let's look at a handsome man and eat or at least imagine eating something yummy! I know I won't have creme brulee any time soon but it is nice to look at the pictures of it!

I've been watching "Marriage, Not Dating!" (For the second time. Ahem.) so I've had Yeon Woo Jin on my mind. His character seems cold and charismatic but he's actually a big, goofy softie with a warm heart. It's fun watching his relationship progress and see his little quirks. Plus he is just nice to look at. So let's look at him!


Just look at that smile! I grin like a crazy person whenever I see it.


Black looks good on you, Yeon Woo Jin!


I love this look too. Perfect for fall! Why is your mouth so perfect Woo Jin?


I think he is waiting for us. We're coming, Woo Jin!

Since I've been watching "Marriage, Not Dating!" I decided to think of something yummy to go with Yean Woo Jin's character Gong Gi Tae and came up with creme brulee! When I think of creme brulee I think of it served in an individual dish, all alone just like Gi Tae wanted to be most of the drama. Creme brulee also has a hard, slightly bitter exterior with a sweet, warm inside. Gi Tae is just a goofy romantic hidden under a tough exterior and Woo Jin does a great job portraying that. 

I got my creme brulee recipe from Alton Brown who is just awesome in my opinion. I've never made a bad recipe from him. Here you go!



Ingredients
1 quart heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 cup vanilla sugar, divided
6 large egg yolks
2 quarts hot water
Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Place the cream, vanilla bean and its pulp into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and reserve for another use.

In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and the egg yolks until well blended and it just starts to lighten in color. Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continually. Pour the liquid into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins. Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

Remove the creme brulee from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top. Divide the remaining 1/2 cup vanilla sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the creme brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.

PROPANE GAS TORCH SAFETY: Propane gas torches are highly flammable and should be kept away from heat, open flame, and prolonged exposure to sunlight. They should only be used in well-ventilated areas. When lighting a propane gas torch, place the torch on a flat, steady surface, facing away from you. Light the match or lighter and then open the gas valve. Light the gas jet, and blow out the match. Always turn off the burner valve to "finger tight" when finished using the torch. Children should never use a propane gas torch without adult supervision.

So what do you think about Yeon Woo Jin? I think I need to watch some more of the stuff that he has been in. As I was researching for this post I noticed some pretty adult things. Am I mature enough for that? Probably not. Ha ha! Will you be making or enjoying creme brulee any time soon?











No comments:

Post a Comment